1. I've been home alone for a couple days, and last night I did something I've never done before. I succumbed to the Dairy Queen propaganda machine and drove all the way to town - the far end of town no less - solely for ice cream. I've jumped in the car spur of the moment with the fam many times before, but going by myself would take things to a new level and I was torn between no nonsense practicality (gas prices and being in my pajamas) and frivolity (I want a Blizzard. I WANT A BLIZZARD!). But, the Blizzard commercials were finally too much for me, so after a text from my bad influence daughter-in-law that said, "do it, do it, do it!!!!" I hopped in my car and drove to town for the Blizzard of the month, Choco Covered Cheesecake. (Pretty sure Choco is just a fancy way of saying fake chocolate.) My BIDIL (bad influence daughter in law) also reminded me that it was BOGO for 99 cents, so I picked up a Cappuccino Heath to stick in the freezer for my hubby when he gets home.
I got home, put in a movie and snuggled up on the couch full of chocolat-ish cheesecake anticipation and.....no cheesecake.
They forgot the cheesecake.
I had chocolate ice cream and some choco chunks, but NO CHEESECAKE, which was the whole point of the excursion in the first place.
Dairy Queen, why do you have to hate?
This should not surprise as our DQ does not have the best reputation for getting things right, but still. It's the stinking Blizzard of the Month!
I didn't have it in me to go back, or even call. I had consumed at least half of my Blizzard before I finally gave up fishing for a cheesecake chunk, so I was pretty full and my heart just wasn't up for a cheesecake confrontation with Joey, the 16 year old night manager at DQ. So I just did what any normal cheesecake deprived person would do and ate my hubby's Heath Blizzard and called it good.
There's a valuable lesson in here somewhere, I'm just not totally sure what it is.
2. I absolutely love, Love, LOVE every single Target back to school commercial this year.
Love the music.
Love the colors.
Especially love the little girl doing the pull-up.
They just make me want to buy a pee-chee and a new box of crayons and some of that colored tape.
Oh, here's one more.
What can I say. I'm easily entertained.
3. Almost every single field in my hood is decked out with either freshly cut hay or hay bales. It is my absolute favorite smell in the world. A breeze is blowing and the windows are open and I'm constantly catching a whiff.
4. Shortly after my oldest son and his wife moved back to Montana, he got a job as a police officer in our small town.
He's been on the job for six months, and I have yet to see him in his uniform. It's making me a little crazy and so I've resorted to some unsavory behavior, otherwise known as stalking.
Just last week I saw his police car turning down a side street. I whipped into the left turn lane in an effort to engage in a hot pursuit, but sadly, I was thwarted by oncoming traffic. By the time all the slow poke drivers had passed by, junior was gone.
Another time I was heading home from the grocery store and came upon a fresh fender bender right in the middle of the main road through town. Nobody was hurt, but it was obvious the police would soon be arriving. I slipped around the corner and parked my car discreetly next to the coin operated car wash and waited. He'd never see me in my awesome hiding spot, but I'd finally get to see him in action.
Up pulls the police car and out hops.....another police officer. What? Our police force is quite small and I was sure it would be him.
What do I have to do to see him in his uniform? Rob the liquor store?
He told me later that he was at the shooting range.
Sounds suspiciously like code for donut shop to me.
5. Going through chemo, I knew I'd miss my hair. Now I'm losing my eyelashes and I miss them a lot, too.
But, I never dreamed I'd miss my nose hairs. Those pesky nose hairs serve a purpose, and I've gone through more tissue in the last two months than I have in the last two years.
Tip of the day......respect your nose hair.
That's all I've got, so go have yourselves a beautiful Thursday!