November 7, 2011

get your holiday on

I love Ruche.

I love their clothes. I love their accessories. I love their home goodies.

I especially love their lookbooks. Gorgeous, gorgeous photography in dreamy locations, and pretty clothes on pretty girls.

Vintage fashion photography heaven.

Up until about a month ago, I did not know that Ruche had a blog, because I'm oblivious like that.

The day I discovered that Ruche had a blog, I immediately devoted the next 427 hours of my life to scouring the archives. Among many other delightful things, I discovered that they were accepting submissions from bloggers for a holiday guide they were putting together.

On a lark, I drug out a very large portion of my vintage Christmas collection and started taking pictures. I pretty much leveled my house. Boxes and ornaments and glitter everywhere.

In October, no less.


I wrote up a little diddy, attached some photos, emailed it to the proper folks, shoved all the Christmas decorations in the guest room, and hoped no one would come to stay before December.

Then I kind of tucked the whole thing in the back of my mind and went about my business.

Well, this afternoon, it all went from the back of my mind straight to the front of my mind because, amazingly enough, my submission made it into Ruche's holiday feature, A Homemade Holiday.


The guide is bursting with fall and winter holiday ideas, and I think you'll enjoy what each and every page has to offer. It's pretty exciting to be included in such a beautiful collection of holiday inspiration.

The additional benefit for both you and me is the fact that, at least for today, I have something besides Dave's bread and Martha's soup pots to blog about.

Rest assured Dave and Marty will be front and center again very soon, but for now, it's nice to add something fresh and pretty to the mix.

Happy Monday!

33 comments:

  1. Teresa! You so totally belong in that collection! Your Christmas things are so entirely gorgeous, your photos are so entirely gorgeous ... I cannot wait to see this Christmas edition. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just zipped over to peek - and you light up the pages! The red Merry Christmas ornament - I have one just like it that belonged to my grandparents.
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! And hooray! Beautiful, beautiful work.
    Congrats, Teresa. :-)

    And how excited am I to know that your home was also recently leveled by vintage Christmas stuff? Sweet validation ... so nice to know you are vintage-Christmas-afflicted as well. Let's start a support group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Ruche, so I clicked on over to see what was what. Yay YOU! What beautiful photos, and I love what you wrote. It was beautiful - just like everything that you put your hand to. {hugs} ~Sal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked to take a look! Your photographs were so beautiful and I loved what you wrote. And you're right. I saw lots of pretties on pretty girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful!!! I hope you are proud of yourself be ause I know I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa, you have such a beautiful blog, I just sigh whenever I visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One question.... are the Christmas decorations still out/up?

    ~Chris

    PS and of course, CONGRATS! I'm off to check them out too... I have heard of Ruche but didn't know about their blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! You. Are a stylist. And a snazzy photographer! Period. I'm so glad they recongnized this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you! So exciting.

    And this made me guffaw: ..."I immediately devoted the next 427 hours of my life to scouring the archives." Sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! Congratulations. The internet is just bursting with good news tonight : ) So many bloggers had great things happen today. That makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Teresa! New to your blog, but have been looking at some of your older posts and feel like I've known you forever! Love your pictures and your humor, can't wait to follow along!~devon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what fun! Love the Vintage decorations and will now scoot on over to Ruche. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you were surprised? Really? Girl - you are gone be famous one day - soon. For realz. I need to hitch up the Squirrel and get West before the time comes when you've got no time for the likes of me. Congrats! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! Congratulations! Of course they picked you. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog...I want to pack up and move next door or do you have a guest house???
    Ruby Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! I just looked at their blog and saw your spread and it was gorgeous!! Love what you wrote too!!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! You take such wonderful photos. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Come on...admit it. You did the cheese page too.
    Congrats!!!
    Glitter Troll

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats! You do totally deserve it. I am laughing at the picture of you in my head...turning your house into a Christmas wonderland in October, but good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!!!!
    How exciting!
    Loving the dreamsicle-y, teal-y, blue-tiful-ness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Teresa,
    I hope you didn't put out the big bucks for LeCreuset yet....I did a while back and I've not been happy with it....looks horrible.
    Anyhow, I'm a die-hard America's Test Kitchen and they highly recommend the Tramotina dutch oven.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontina-6.5-Quart-Cast-Iron-Dutch-Oven-Red/11989387

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! Can't wait to peruse their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. T! No way! That's amazing. I bet your pictures stood right out to them because you are the most amazing photographer. I can't wait to go look at it when I get some spare time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow! congrats! But of course they chose you - your photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hmmm. CONGRATS!!!! <3 But Thanks for nuthin'... I can't keep up w/blogs I follow but have added Ruche now. I haven't finished putting away Halloween and you have done Christmas. P E R F E C T L Y. I (still) can't use my camera. I quit. I will now just stalk you. Fondly. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  28. you are SOOOO talented!:) (insert green colored envy here) I know I dont comment very often, but I'm a faithful reader! and we share the obsession of watching "Revenge" omg! cannot get enough of that show - am dying to see what happens!:)
    -your bitterroot stalker aka Gina Wilcox:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. T? Say WHAT??? I'm so lame. How did I miss this? You're the Big Time, baby. You've got real Panther Power. I'm so proud of yoU! And seriously, that ezine thing looks stinking amazing, all the way around. Now I'm feeling Christmas crafty, which is a big, big problem considering the post I just wrote...

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh those pictures are yummy.
    congratulations! that is a sweet little collection of goodness.:D
    i just wanted you to know that you are spotlighted on my blog today...
    i'd love to have you take a peek.
    www.dandelionfarmgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. thank you for coming over to visit!
    i got a little thrill that you had commented on my blog.:D
    have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete