November 5, 2009

a pre-thanksgiving turkey

Before I get to today's post, I want to thank Jen from The Cottage Nest for her wonderful introduction of my blog. Wow, what a nice thing for her to do. And, wow. What a nice group of people she sent my way. Thank you so much for all the encouraging comments. I have been very warmly welcomed to the blogging community, and can tell this is going to be fun!

Jen, you are the real deal, my friend. I am so glad we met. Thank you for taking the time to share your readers with me!

Now on to the pictures.

As I have now shared several times, improving my photography was one of the main reasons I started this blog. I have always loved taking pictures, but in a point and shoot way. I got my Rebel a couple years ago, and my interest has grown steadily since then. Almost exactly a year ago, my sister-in-law asked me to take photo's of her sweet baby granddaughter in her Halloween costume. I said yes, with the condition that their expectations be very low! That first photo "session" sparked a much deeper interest, and photography has become a pretty big part of my life these days.

My two older boys are gone from home, so that only leaves me with one victim to beg, plead and cajole. Sometimes he's willing, and some times, not so much.

It's easy to take lots and lots of pictures with a digital camera. With this little charmer, my ratio of good to bad photo's seems to be about 1 to 100 or so.

For every one of these.....



I get a LOT of these.....



A few cooperative moments....



Hello? Mama's trying to accomplish something here! I took 38 pictures in this spot and not one was good.



I want to hurt him, but I'm laughing too hard.


Turkey!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my! I have 3 girls and this is when I think maybe a boy would be a good thing. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast browsing your blog! Your home is just simply beautiful and I just can't imagine living with all of that gorgeous scenery. Can't wait to read more and see more of your great pictures!
    God Bless,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typical boy, I have three of them, but ya gotta love em and I wouldn't trade mine for the anything,I like the pic's the way they are his personality shines through them (;
    Hugs~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome son!!! Those eyes are beautiful and he is so cute posing for Mom, what a good kid!
    Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol I have two brothers just like that! how wonderful. The backgrounds are lovely! Welcome welcome your blog is a breath of fresh air. -Sarahlynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Teresa! Wow. Your pictures just blow me away. I don't have a great camera, although I'm hoping maybe this next year will bring one to me. I just have a little point and shoot that has very few options. I'm trying to improve my technique and change the settings but I rarely get the effects I'm looking for. Your photos are totally inspirational. Even with an uncooperative subject the rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am into Photography as well. The first photo of your son is indeed a show stopper -- that's a keeper for sure! I'll be stopping in again. Kristeen
    kandgoug@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa,
    Your life sounds as beautiful as your photos are! Jen sent me your way and I sure am glad she did.
    Your kitchen renovation is amazing -- how has that not been featured in a magazine?? Thanks for sharing...I'll be back!
    Kris
    www.myfabulous40thbirthday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first thing that struck me on seeing your blog was how beautiful the photography is. Then of course that amazing kitchen, the house, the views ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Just came across your blog and wanted to leave a little comment. I love your blog, your house is everything I want! I too am new to blogging, so I hope you will stop by! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your boys are very handsome, and will need to beat the women off with a stick. Chicks dig guys in uniform!! I'm sure you're proud of all your cute boys.
    I called my sis, who has a blog called http;//oldcentennialfarmhouse.blogspot.com, she and I drooled over your blog together while talking on the phone. She is doing a post right now to guide her friends to you! Hope that's okay-- she just couldn't keep all the blogging yumminess you serve up to herself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha... these pictures made me laugh. I'm hoping and praying (I need to be SAVING) for a rebel! I love taking pictures, but my little sony cyber shot just doesn't do the things that the rebel does!! I love your pictures and was wondering what kind of camera you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful going down memory lane with you! Esepcially since I am three grown boys (well youngest is 15 but is towers way over me) as well! Boy they grow fast, and what I would do to reverse the hands of time..do you feel that way too?
    I really enjoyed the pictures...beautiful and very handsome boys you have there!

    ReplyDelete