November 20, 2009

sweet baby


A new little friend came to play at my house this week.


He's the great grandson of a dear friend of mine, and when I heard he was coming to town, I asked if his mama might be interested in having some pictures taken. She was, and I was excited at the possibility of having such a young victim, er...subject.

This was my first time taking pictures for someone I don't really know. Someone who could potentially be a little freaked out that I talk to myself and my camera while taking photo's. Someone who doesn't have to love me anyway if the pictures don't turn out.


I was also very nervous about his young age. He's not so little that I could shape him like a gumbi doll while he slept, but also not big enough to sit by himself. What do I do with his smushy little self? He is in the precious little bobble-head stage. Sweet little neck muscles that aren't always up to the challenge of holding a little noggin steady. I ended up with quite a few blurry photos, but also some pretty adorable ones. I was so grateful his mama was willing to let me try to improve my skills.


It was a warm but very windy day.


After we totally offended him by subjecting him to one too many wind gusts in the face, we came back inside, he had a snack and fell into a very deep sleep. Precious boy.


Babies are such a nice way to start people. ~ Don Herold

23 comments:

  1. Those are very sweet pictures, my favorite is her holding him up outside...just precious.

    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby feet!!!!!

    Oh wow, what precious images you've captured.

    jAne * tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, you did a wonderful job! He is just adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dontcha love that baby bottoms can be photgraphed that close and look ADORABLE!! Bet you had a ball that day!!Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photos and what a sweet, beautiful baby and Mommy! I got a laugh out of the baby bottom and toes picture. Is there anyone who doesn't think baby bums are the cutest? And those little pea like toes! What a dumpling:>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As noted on the comment above -- Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pics are just beautiful - as is your blog. Peaceful, gorgeous - it's a mental vacation for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babies are the MOST fun to photograph, so pure, so flawless, so perfect and straight from heaven...your work here is very well done!
    XOXO
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a doll! Oh, and we have that exact same vintage duck pull-toy. Who woulda??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photographs and such a precious little one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos - that last one makes me smile and want to pinch some cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a cutie! That sleepy puckered mouth in the last photo is just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sleeping babies are the sweetest thing. LOVE that photo! You are doing great with your photos, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a fabulous job!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that cutie is almost as cute as my little boy ;-P. What a little sweetie. I just want to squish him like wonderbread! Oh! I want another baby, right now!!!

    Beautiful photography!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how beautiful your sweet subjects and photos are!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. He is beautiful..."babies are a sign that the world will go on." You did a great job..so cute! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhh. New baby smell...and those little almost edible toes. YUM!

    You did a GREAT job with the shots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Teresa :)

    I found you via Jen. Your blog is wonderful!

    I'm so glad you saved your little old house. It's amazing how much you've changed it. Love love love it :)

    You're one heck of a fabulous photographer and decorator and I will be back for more.

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how sweet! Your pictures are beautiful! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those pictures are gorgeous and that sleeping baby picture makes my uterus ache.

    ReplyDelete