December 16, 2009

frosty


Snowmen.

Snowmen are adorable and heartwarming. Snowmen make you smile. Snowmen don't have to be put away after Christmas. Occasionally, snowmen are appropriate in my neck of the woods until June. I love my snowman collection. Many are gifts, and that makes them even more special to me.

Years ago, my boys made the block snowmen that sit on the mudroom porch shelf.


Most of the rest of my collection sits just inside the mudroom door.



Another snowman family lives in the dining room.




A few more dining room odds and ends....


Santa and these ornaments are all I have in my kitchen for decoration.


Most of my Christmas decor is in my dining room, but I have a few touches in the family room as well. Many of these things end up as centerpieces for tables on Christmas Eve.


My niece got me hooked on mosaic (is that the correct term?) candle holders. She has them in all colors, for all seasons, and they are so pretty with a candle burning inside. I want to learn to make them. Has anybody done it?


This little angel is one of my very favorite pieces. I think it came from my grandmother. Correct me if I'm wrong, mom!


Up next...the tree.

19 comments:

  1. I'll take everything on the sideboard in the dining room and that green bucket of pine clippings. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I've been waiting to see all your decorations. I love everything! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY. Just beautiful...all of it. I could look and look....so I do!
    XOXO
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks so festive and bright! And every time I see that antique side board painted that wonderful aqua blue I just smile.....that took courage and it was so worth it! I wish I could find one like it! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we see your rooms at a distance? So we see whole room decorated? Funny question but I just LOVE LOVE YOUR HOME and want to get the feel of the whole room! Does that make sense? You are such a great decorator!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your style. Someday I'm going to figure out where you are in Montana and show up on your doorstep. Don't say you are not worned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all! The snowmen are great, especially the ones from your sons. Very sweet!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty new to your blog, but I wanted to comment on your flippin' amazing style. And your photography is awesome too :)

    Your home has just the right amount of holiday frou-frou. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE YOUR COLORS TOGETHER..PRETTY! I TOO LOVE SNOWMEN...I HAVE AS MANY SNOWMEN AS I DO SANTAS. I WOULD LOVE THOSE LETTERS "FROSTY"...NEVER SEEN THOSE, SO CUTE! AND THE BLOCK SNOWMEN..JUST DARLING! THANKS..Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh. oh. oh. oh my. did you have to do that? i'm drooling here, it is all too cute. the bottle brush tree with the miniature pastel ornaments. one word. amazing. the adorable soft snowmen with glitter and big ruffled collars. i'm twitterpated. this is cuter than a disney movie. i'm also a snowman fan, and if one adds glitter to frosy he get's even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had an old buffet EXACTLY like that a few years ago, and just got rid of it, cause I had 'no place' for it. I wish I'd had a vision like that to paint it that color!

    Your home needs to be in a magazine, and your photography as well! It's incredible! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    PS...I'm fighting Flower Patch Farmgirl for the bucket. It's on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I made it into your blog! :) When you make mosaic candle holders, let me know how it turns out!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ditto what everyone else has said so far. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it all! The snowmen are adorable! I'd fight you for that aqua chair and that sap bucket. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had the same angel when I was a kid...they came in a set of 3 from Home Interiors if you can believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That aqua hutch in the dining room is to die for! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy having snowman's too they can set outside and enjoy the winter more than me and that's allright -- love your photos of christmas.
    Merry Christmas - Kristeen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the vintage angel.. Looks to be a Napco or Lefton piece?

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete