December 5, 2009

a shocking discovery

I have recently had the most amazing revelation, and I have to share. Are you ready? I have discovered....that boys...and girls....


are different!

I know!

Last night, my youngest had a few of his friends stop by our house for dinner before the first formal dance of the school year.

It was so fun to see them all dressed up. It was also hilarious to see the differences between the boys and the girls. The girls were very excited to have lots of pictures taken.

The boys were not. All the boys were interested in was dinner.

The girls squealed with delight at the pretty candlelit table. The boys were not particularly impressed with anything other than what was on their plate.

Girls, take note - you have seen your future.

My son and his date have been buddies for a very long time. Last summer they struck the classic "if no one better comes along, we'll go to the dance together" deal.

Here they are - each other's last resort.


I absolutely love the dress. But my very favorite are the shoes. Pink Floyd Chuck Taylors. Who woulda thought.


Oh, to be young again.

p.s. Flash photography is evil. But apparently, the kids had some lame commitment during the day...school or something, so we had to make due with what we had.

12 comments:

  1. What adorable photos. The shoes were the perfect finishing touch in my mind!! Hey my hubby and I were friends first, you never know!!!

    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW DARLING AND HOW I MISS ALL THIS! YOUR SON IS JUST WY TO HANDSOME...MY DAUGHTER MARRIED HER BEST BUD..THEY HAD BEEN FRIENDS SINCE 8TH GRADE. THEY ARE EXPECTING THEIR FIRST BABY IN JULY!
    Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful couple! Maybe the will come to their senses? We've been hoping for that for Maddie and her best guy friend! Lovely girl, lovely dress, lovely shoes! Devilishly handsome son you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last resorts? Hardly! These two are knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously - they look like JFK Jr. and a supermodel, respectively! Makes me cringe to think of what I looked like at that age... Is it just me, or are teenagers infinitely more attractive nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Whatta couple of heartbreakers. They look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what FUN! I miss those days...my youngest son will be there soon, though and I must say her hands are SO TINY! What a nice bunch of photos and I love those shoes! YAY FOR HER! She, I'm sure, did NOT have sore feet!
    XOXO
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous couple! For a couple of last resorts, they look very handsome together. I love the shoes...perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They make a great couple. Best friends can make the best mates!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a handsome son you have and his friend is adorable. Don't you just hate flash photography? I had the same problem with my son's homecoming pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say, those pictures are AMAZING!!! Of course, I am slightly biased--the girl in the pics is my daughter, after all! Still, though, you have a way with your camera! Who knows? Maybe someday they will come to their senses?! Thank you so much for the pictures you have taken of all my children--and for the friend you are to me! Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. THEY'RE BOTH ADORABLE! I can't wait to see how the rest of your bee-u-ti-ful house is decorated for CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete