January 31, 2010

january snapshot


1. I think the pond might be making an appearance in every month end collage. I'm getting quite partial to the tree as well. 2. A sweet little face. 3. A gorgeous sunrise. 4. Snow dusted crab apples. 5. Snow Bunny's mama wanted to wait for snowfall to take her Christmas pictures, so here's Christmas in January.

I found a really cute Christmas frame at Target and a plan immediately hatched in my head to create a photo that matched. I have an alarming number of plans that hatch in my head. Amazingly enough, the weather cooperated perfectly with high clouds as a light filter, and the mountains beautifully showcased in the background. I worked with the photo a little bit, first with my still favorite action, "seventies" from The Pioneer Woman's action set.


I love this one, the pink tint with the pink loving subject, but it's not what I was looking for in this particular scenario.

So, I tweaked the sky and blanket to match the colors in the frame.


With that, you have taken a little ride on the crazy train in my head. And while most of my ideas never make it across the finish line, this one did.

Kinda fun.

15 comments:

  1. Too adorable!! And the collage is so very lovely. You sure have a way with photos!!
    Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet - love love love all of your photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. All aboard! The 'crazy train' looks like fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS...IT IS THE PERFECT SHOT AND I LOVE HOW YOU HAVE PUT IT ALL TOGETHER! VERY UNUSUAL! COME SAY HI :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found you! And you have the most beautiful blog. I must tell you, I smile every time I come over and take a look around.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I'm loving your tree, too. And your pond. And snow bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, the colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tree really is wonderful! ...and your photo spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fun ride! Thanks for letting me tag along. Oh to have that pond. I fall more in love with your property every stinkin day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful place. Beautiful child. Fun photo program! All adds up to perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That came out so sweet. What a great job! I bet mama went home so happy!
    And the pond definitely should be a monthly star. Even though I have a little pond envy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journey on the "crazy" train is the inspiration for the rest of us with our "little train that could" thoughts.

    I wish I had time to spend learning (or maybe I lack the vision to see it like you do).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything on your blog is so beautiful! I love all of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love your blog! The pictures you take are so breathtaking, the colors couldn't be more vibrant. I reacently got a Canon Rebel for Cmas. It's a super nice camera but I feel inept at what to do with it other than point and shoot. I take a ton of photos and family and friends all enjoy them but I know there's more my camera could do. Do you mind telling me where you process your pics and if(how)you do any tweaking to them? I have heard of Picasa but feel overwhelmed at figuring it out. Thank you so much for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. me being from the armpit of the U.S. (michigan) i'm pretty jealous that you live in a beautiful state like montana, where you can take piccy's of little snow bunnies with snow capped mountains in the distance. a very fortunate woman you are.

    ReplyDelete